Software Engineer IoT 80-100% (m/w)
to reinforce our software development team in Biel/Bienne (BE).
The Digital Transformation team drives and implements GF Machining Solutions’ digitalization and Industry 4.0 roadmap. Our software development team creates and integrates software applications across GF’s portfolio of machine tools and manufacturing equipment to offer our customers innovative, digital manufacturing solutions.
As a Software Engineer IoT, you will be a member of the Digital Transformation software development group, and work as a developer in our agile development team. In the context of our growing suite of decentralized manufacturing applications, this position is targeted at development work interfacing manufacturing devices and distributed or cloud-based applications (with a focus on C#/.Net).
Your work will start where traditional machine software ends and the industrial internet of things begins.
In this role you will be involved in, and contribute to, all activities carried out along the iterations of an agile software development process:
- Planning & Verification:
- Work with product owner to understand and conceptualize user needs.
- Break-down requirements into plannable epics, stories, and tasks.
- Organize and conduct sprint planning and effort estimation sessions.
- Contribute to sprint scope Management
- Implement and test features / user-stories.
- Manage agile / Scrum activities.
- Conduct design and code reviews.
- Organize sprint reviews and present sprint achievements.
- Code Quality & Testing
- Ensure continuous integration.
- Invest in test-driven development.
- Actively manage technical debts.
- Conduct refactoring activities